Of all the furniture pieces used in restaurants, the upholstered ones relate to customers most intimately. Throughout history, furniture upholstery has been used in food joints to express status, class, and the restaurant owners’ welcoming attitude. High-quality upholstery in Sydney helps restaurant owners create the right type of ambience in the interior regions of their establishments.
So, picking the right type of upholstery for your restaurant furniture is extremely important. Modern-day furniture upholstery depends on various skills that have been formulated over the centuries. Modern-day technology makes the process of adding upholstery to furniture pieces even easier.
However, choosing the right type of upholstery for your restaurant can be challenging as the possibilities and options are endless. There’s a long list of new colours, patterns, fabrics, and textiles to choose from. Here are some simple guidelines restaurant owners must follow while getting upholstery for their furniture pieces.
Partner with an Experienced Upholstery Expert :
The first step that every restaurant owner must take is partnering with an experienced provider of upholstery in Sydney. The art of installing upholstery is very complex. Small mistakes in design, workmanship, or even choosing materials can lead to low-quality results.
- Experienced upholstery experts regularly install, repair, and upgrade upholstery for chairs, sofas, or other types of furniture pieces.
- These experts frequently work with different types of fabric, leathers, padding, vinyl, springs, and other components used in different types of furniture pieces.
- Plus, the best providers of upholstery in Sydneyspecialize in all types of services. Be it residential upholstery, commercial upholstery, or automotive upholstery – the best upholstery experts can easily upgrade the ambience of any restaurant using the knowledge they gain from past experiences.
So, restaurant owners should partner with upholstery companies that have a track record of finishing each project on time. Upholstery providers with ten or more years’ worth of experience are typically the most reliable.
Also, the restaurant owners must seek upholstery and motor trimming professionals who have previous experience with –
- Restaurant upholstery
- Café or pub upholstery
- Automotive upholstery
- Marine upholstery
- Designing dining chairs and lounges
- Ottoman upholstery
Picking a company that’s experienced in these different types of upholstery techniques and styles will make the lives of restaurant owners much easier. These upholstery experts can quickly complete the installations when the restaurant is closed.
Using the Right Tools :
The leading providers of upholstery in Sydney use the best tools in the business. These upholstery installation tools can be classified into two categories – essential and specialty tools.
- Some of the essential or “must-have” tools that your upholstery provider must use include – yardsticks, webbing stretchers, utility knives, t-pins, staple removers, staple guns, square-point upholstery knives, sewing machines, screwdrivers, scissors, rubber mallets, regulators, pliers, measuring tapes, magnetic tack hammers, and hot glue guns.
- Some of the must-have specialty tools that your upholstery provider must use include – air blowers, air compressors, button machines, fabric cutters, dry cleaning pads, hand-stapling pliers, power drills, spring-loaded tufting needles, and welt cord sticks.
Does your upholstery provider own or use these tools? Ask them about the equipment they use during their installations. The last thing restaurant owners need is an unprepared upholstery installation team wasting time in their establishments.
In addition to using the right upholstery installation tools, the upholstery professionals must also use the right type of fabrics for the restaurant furniture. To know more about picking the best types of upholstery fabric, read – choosing the right fabric for upholstery in Sydney using simple points.
Stick to a Specific Style :
By selecting a specific style of upholstery, restaurant owners can easily create a web of connections that link each individual furniture piece to the entire interior space of the restaurant. Although having different designs, shapes, colours, and patterns on your restaurant upholstery is an appealing idea, sticking to a specific upholstery style is certainly the easier option.
For the upholstery installers, sticking to a specific style or pattern makes the job much easier. They can create perfectly coordinated networks of furniture upholstery featuring similar types of fabrics very quickly. More importantly, sticking to specific styles or patterns of upholstery gives the restaurant a unique look and appeal.
Select Maintenance-Friendly Upholstery :
Unlike residential upholstery, commercial upholstery is exposed to hundreds of potentially harmful external elements every day. If your restaurant’s upholstery only looks good and is not easy to maintain, the restaurant staff will have to spend a ton of time and energy to keep the upholstered furniture pieces clean and appealing.
Before getting upholstery in Sydney, restaurant owners must –
- Ask for sample fabric pieces to check which materials are the least prone to duress or damage.
- Always opt for microfiber materials that don’t attract much dust. Restaurant owners must make their establishments safe for customers who suffer from dust allergies.
- If the restaurant is located in humid areas, choose fabrics that don’t easily attract mould or mildew infestation.
Fabrics like nylon, ripstop, and polyester are widely acclaimed for their durability, even in challenging environments. So, restaurant owners must consider selecting those fabrics for their furniture pieces.
Prioritize Comfort Over Everything :
Restaurant furniture is used all the time. So, the upholstery has to be comfortable. Or else, restaurant owners may receive negative reviews or complaints from uncomfortable customers. Cotton upholstery is very breathable and comfortable. Getting budget-friendly cotton upholstery is something that all restaurant owners must consider.
Linen is another breathable yet strong upholstery fabric. Restaurant owners that don’t have strict budgetary limitations must consider getting wool or silk upholstery. These luxurious and expensive upholstery fabrics have amazing textures. They’re also stain-resistant.
Installing Upholstery in Restaurants :
Once restaurant owners decide which type of upholstery in Sydney they want for their establishments, they need to prepare their interior spaces for the installation process. To convert a restaurant into a part-time upholstery workshop, restaurant owners need to –
- Make sure there’s adequate ventilation inside the restaurant. Working with adhesives, furniture polishes, and other chemicals can take a toll on the installers’ lungs. They’ll need fresh air to work safely.
- The restaurant entrance door must be big enough to allow the entry/exit of large furniture pieces.
- The restaurant also needs to be properly lighted as upholstery installation experts need to detect small wrinkles and puckers on furniture pieces that are usually unnoticeable in low light conditions.
Upholstery installation is a loud process. So, make sure the restaurant is empty when your upholstery installation experts are working!